New Year’s Eve has arrived, and it can be intolerable for some, and a great party for others. Regardless, here is a list of movies that you can watch and enjoy today and tomorrow, all about or relating to New Years:
- Bridget Jones’ Diary (fun, cute and all about starting over, and making resolutions and decisions in your life. Features a real star turn from the great Renee Zellweger. Filled with hilarious moments and quotable lines)
- New Years’ Eve (Not a great movie, but star-filled and sweet as chocolate dipped in honey. Perfect escapism entertainment)
- The Poseidon Adventure (NYE is not the focus of this film, but it is the background of the storyline. The film is a great disaster film, and you’ll find yourself on the edge of your seat while watching this beautiful, action-packed adventure film)
- American Beauty (NYE isn’t even a feature in this film. However, it is a great story about Lester who is disgruntled with his life and starts making resolutions to his life. Its a very dark, gritty black comedy, but it presents the age old lesson – its never too late to change yourself for the better)
- When Harry Met Sally (One of the greatest romantic comedies has a memorable New Years Eve scene that is both iconic and tear-jerkingly beautiful. The entire film is worth a watch – warning, if you’re unattached, you’ll feel a slight twang of loneliness. The cure – rewatch American Beauty)
However, I must recommend New Year’s Eve from the TV show Louie as essential viewing – so hilarious, so poignant and carries the message of starting over with such perfect grace.
Have a great New Year and see you in 2014 for more Movies Unchained!